Friday, July 11, 2008

Yet another...UPDATE

Well girls...I sure hope I'm not boring you with my continued "update posts" but I have had several faithful blog friends who comment almost on a daily basis and encourage me and remind me that they're praying for us so for those girls, I just want to give you a quick update and let you know that your prayers are being heard.
Fist of all, I found a WONDERFUL doctor who has taken so much time to evaluate the WHOLE situation and inform me of every option and possible outcome and has even stopped to pray with Andrew and I before we left his office! He did ultrasounds and lots of blood work which showed there was no pregnancy in my uterus. He was concerned it could be an ectopic pregnancy but he wanted to make sure there was nothing remaining in my uterus that was causing the bleeding. I had a D&C Tuesday, which i was completely comfortable with, since the doctor had showed me every angle on the ultrasound and assured me there was nothing in my uterus except maybe some infected tissue which needed to be removed. The D&C went well and even though I was afraid of going under anesthesia for surgery, all went well and I was very comfortable and peaceful when I came out of the OR. The next day, I returned to the office hoping to hear that my hormones had returned to a normal level and all was well. BUT, actually after MORE blood work and test result had come back, the doctor let me know that i had an Ectopic pregnancy. SCARY! There was indeed some kind of growth outside of my uterus that could rupture and be very dangerous to me. Anyway, I had an injection that should stop the growth in my fallopian tubes and within a week I should know if it was effective. If not, I could be facing another surgery and possibly damage to me fallopian tubes.
I know...LOTS of info and maybe too confusing if you haven't been in the middle of all of it for the past month but hopefully you all will continue to pray for me and for my family.
My sweet momma has been SO helpful and has sacrificed so much to be here to help me with Abby, to clean for me, to cook for me and she is still managing the VBS preparation at church!!! She is MY HERO! Don't forget to say alittle prayer for my mom too...she is the most selfless person i know and she deserves a break! : )

3 comments:

KKJD1 said...

Thanks so much for keeping us updated. Yes I am still praying for you and your family. Moms are great arent they! I will be praying for her too.
Wow what a great doctor! You sure don't find many that will take the time to pray with a patient.
Hope you all have a great weekend! Be Blessed! Karen/Ga Girl

mysteryhistorymom said...

Thanks so much for keeping us posted. I will keep you in my prayers! What a wonderful Mom you have! Lori

Robin Beck said...

I am still praying for you and will add your Mom too... You know I am 43 and my Mom is still a huge help in my life~! Mom's really are the best! Robin