Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Still Waitting

Well, my doctors appointment was yesterday. Y'know the one where I was supposed to know something definiate??? Wel, i did more bloodwork. My HCG levels were still goin gup but not as high or as fast as they should. They did two ultrasounds, two rule out an ectopic pregnancy. They found no indication of an Ectopic pregnancy and they didn;t see a heartbeat or gestational sac. The nurse that gave me my ultrasound result said that it could just be too early to see anything..good OR bad, so I went home with no answers and still a glimmer of hope that things are just not as far along as I thought. Then i got a call at 4:30pm from a nurse saying that my charts were shown to the doctor and he'd like to set me up for a D&C this week. I don't feel like the clinic was honest with me and I don't feel like the tests and diagnosis were thourough. I'm not in any pain and I seem to be progresssing along as a normal miscarriage so I'm just going to wait it out at home. I dont feel the need to be invasive of a natural proccess unless I am in serious danger ( which is not the case). Needless to say, I'm frusterated, tired and kind of overwhelmed with all the unknowns. Please keep me in your prayers, as I wait out his next week and try to make decisions about what should happen next.
I haven't been doing any crafts or sewing projects lately so my blogging will probably be sparse for a while. I really have taken out alot of my frusteration on Abby, just because I dont have the patience right now, to deal with her needs. So today, I think I'm going to take her to the library( her fovorite place other than grannies house : ) and then we might go to a thrift store and look around and maybe go to the park or soemthing.
Thanks again fo rall your prayers and encouragement over the past week or so. I'm certain that your prayers have gotten me through all of this so far! XOXO
Bekah

5 comments:

Robin Beck said...

Bekah,
I would do the same thing you are doing-Just wait it out and see what happens. I really don't understand why doctors race to do a D-N-C it just doesnt' make sense to me... I tend to go the more natural route myself. That is of course as long as I'm not in harms way or in pain. Sounds like you should just keep on the path you are on-I am still praying for you and we will just have to be patient and wait on the Lord. :)
Have fun today with your daughter sounds like the perfect day.
God Bless you,
Robin

KKJD1 said...

Thanks for keeping us updated. Still praying, and asking for guidance and strength. Give Abby a hug for me. Hugs for you too. Karen

mysteryhistorymom said...

Thanks so much for keeping us posted. Of course you are doing the right thing and waiting. Waiting can be so hard, but good thing come to those who wait, right?:-) Lori

Anonymous said...

hey! first time visiting you& wow I am so sorry for wht you are going thru. i did the same before I got pregnat w/my middle child. I lost the baby in the 6th week. i did no D&C cuz I heard bad things about them. I hope everything works out for you!

Farmhouse Blessings said...

Oh sweetie, I'm so sorry that you going through this. You're very wise in making your decisions to be as natural as possible. I wish I had done the same thing many years ago.

I'll be praying for you.

Blessings,
Lea