Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Turn it UP !!!!

Anyone who visits my blog regularly probably has not ever heard a song posted to my blog. Well, I know alot of people that turn the volume on the computer completely down so they don't have to listen to Everyone else's choice of songs ( I'm not incriminating myself am i?). I have had a few songs on my mind for the past few days and I guess I'm too stingy with my craft money to actually go out and buy the Cd's that I want so I decide to put them right here on my blog for my own enjoyment! No really, I sincerely hope you enjoy them as well. These songs are songs that really mean something to me. Do you ever smell a smell and it takes you back to a particular place and time and you feel warm and cozy and safe in that memory? Well, I remember being at a cross-roads in my life only a couple years ago and these songs were songs that I heard at church, songs that friends shared with me, songs I picked up on the radio , but each one of them touches me and reaches right down to my soul and stirs it. It takes me back to that place of surrender, and vulnerability and complete loss of control...as scary as that sounds, it was actually a good place to be...and I want it back.
My dad has always teased me about not singing. Actually, I do sing and I LOVE singing! I just think he's deaf and never hears me : ) I wish he could see me now! Singing my heart out in front of my computer! Maybe I'll sing one of my favorites to him one day so he'll quit nagging at me ( hugs daddy!)
Anyway, turn this music up a bit and let it play through and share with me, my songs. If nothing else, listen to them just so you will know what puts a smile on my face, and maybe you'll get a little grin out of it too : )

No comments: