Friday, January 11, 2008

Projects of the Past...




Well, I can't say I am very good at making the layout of this blog but, oh well. I'm just showing off a few pieces of work that I have done in the past, and trying to fill a few pages on my blog : )
These are just some things I have made that are around my house or made as gifts. The "Baby Sleeping" was made a few weeks before I had my daughter. I was going through a rough time and I had a lot of time to kill so I stitched this up, thanks to the inspiration of my moms sewing room. I still love it to this day and it hangs on Abby's door even when shes NOT asleep :). The Virtuous woman piece is something I made when I was still living at home. I was probably sixteen or seventeen. I don't remember exactly. I designed the whole thing myself and my mom had it on the wall at her house until I got married and now it is at my house : ).
The two "keepsake canvas'" are my original idea that I came up with shortly before Abby's first birthday. I wanted to keep EVERYTHING from her birthday party but I settled on having everyone sign the canvas I had decorated. Now she has a keepsake from her first birthday that she can keep forever! And it has special notes from all of her family. The blue and brown one is one I made for my sister in law who is expecting her first in March. This one is for her to take to the hospital and have all of her visitors sign it when they come to visit the new baby! I love the colors in this one! Oh, and the red label at the bottom left corner is not part of the decor, its the little note that I stick to each "Keepsake" after I wrap it.

No comments: