Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Reality check

I went on an adventure.
I drove 200 miles.
I took a break.
I held a baby.
I fell asleep on the couch.
I ate someone else's cooking.
I stayed up till 2am crying and laughing with a sister in law that had a broken heart and uncovered my own to her.
I got a tattoo.
I got dressed up.
I felt beautiful.
I witnessed a middle aged couple say their vowels and saw a tear fall from a fathers eye.
I watched my two year old eat a chocolate cupcake.
I wore my cheap sunglasses and felt cool.
I went shopping.
I bought a hat.
I sang with the radio.
I phoned home.
I missed home.
I came home.

This is MY life! This is ME! My Life is so beautiful! It's so messy, unsure, and unpredictable but how can I be anything but happy! I have a family that loves me! I have so many opportunities to bless the people that are around me! I have so much potential to grow and mature and learn and so much responsibility to teach...how can I abandon the life that god has so generously given me and reach for something different?!! This is MY life! This is my gift from God and to the world! I may not be perfect, but I'm perfectly happy being imperfect!
Stop blogging about life and get up off that chair and LIVE IT!!!!!!

2 comments:

Autumn said...

AMEN!!!!!!!!!!
Get up and LIVE it!!!!!!
Blog when it rains for days on end!!!!

Lyssa Beth said...

I have the same struggle in my head with internet and blogging! Wastes SO much time sometimes...ugh just thinking about it makes me frustrated...